SUSTAINABLE HEALTH: body & mind
At Radika we offer coaching for sport professionals and their coaches. We use breathing, mindfulness and yoga techniques to improve physical and mental performance and prevent injuries.
Definitions as we use them in our sports performance workshops:
Mindfulness – To pay attention in a specific way, with intention, in the present moment and without judgment.
Breathing – Breathing is an autonomous function of the nervous system. Unlike the other autonomous functions, breathing can also be regulated in terms of speed and depth. By regulating breathing, one can have an effect on the remaining autonomous functions: the heart rate and the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems.
Yoga – In its most traditional definition, Yoga is union, integration. It is a system that if properly understood can be used to self-regulate the nervous system and to promote interoception – a greater connection with the body and its tissues. This allows us to to notice and prevent injuries. Through dynamic stretching and strength work we aim to protect the joints that are affected in specific sports, give mobility to the spine, and also activate, and to strengthen the muscle from the inside. Each sport has its specifications and we adapt the training to the sport and to the person.
- Improve performance
- Increase lung capacity
- Breath awareness and control
- Breathing techniques
- Change breathing habits to look for rhythms that improve strength and endurance
CONCENTRATION & FOCUS
- Improve concentration and cognitive functions
- Reduce stress, anxiety and sports burn out and the effects that accompany it
- Using breath to feel solid and grounded
- Improve concentration and determination to recover after lost points or in those moments when one doubts the ability to compete or to finish what was started
- Self regulation of the nervous system
- Having tools to relax when not competing rendering rest effective
JOINT mobility AND PROTECTION OF THE MUSCLES
- Joint mobility – the lubrication of joints
- Muscle activion and extension through dynamic stretching
- Injury prevention through movement, breathing and proper stretching
Barcelona Urban Beach Boot Camps
June 19th from 18:30 to 21:00. Bookings to the adress below.
MASTERCLASS: YOGA & BREATH FOR ATHLETES
Mallorca Open Club
June 20th at 10:00 am.
This activity is free. Bring sportive clothes and your own mat.
Questions or doubts? Write to us and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
WHERE WE are
+34 670 752 475